Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Love Martha Stewart!

For the past 15 years I have followed the rise and fall of Martha Stewart. When going on holidays I would shout myself Martha Stewart Living and pour over the wonders of creativity within until my poor child was well and truly sick of the sight of anything Martha related.
However, even his glee about finding the I hate Martha Stewart website and her subsequent time in the big house did nothing to reduce my ardour for the creative inspiration Martha provided and for many a teaching year the Martha Stewart Kids magazine subscription was able to be written off on tax.
Alas, when I received my mail and found this...
I just had to book in to see all of these delicious products and projects.
Upon arrival I sat myself down on my appointed chair - nice and close to the demonstrators table and sat back to receive my craft transfusion.
Oh some where in the big cosmos of ours my I love Martha's must have been clocking up brownie points because Dawn the demonstrator said that every one at the demonstration was going to get a show bag of Martha goodies from the range.

I felt like I was at Oprah on give away day!! My excitement was barely containable. Luckily the lady sitting beside me wasn't too freaked out by my enthusiasm and then awe at what we were about to receive - she was possibly just a shade less excited than me!
First up a wonderful new pair of scissors - the big size!


Then a flower paper punch, hopefully it might work on felt as well



and finally a card making kit.


Wetting my pants was a near thing.
So if you are able I would highly recommend a trip to Geelong Spotlight tomorrow (Wednesday 12th August 2009), demonstration starts at 11.00am, or Essendon Spotlight at 03.00pm and get ready to have one of those "oh my god moments".
P.S : A word of caution make sure you go to the loo before the demonstration.
And Jamie Zapp have I told you lately how much I love Martha Stewart ...
... still it's nowhere as much as I love you.




1 comment:

  1. If you went within spitting distance of that spotlight store in Geelong today I do hope you took the necessary precautions and wore something absorbent!.....
    Looking forward to seeing what you create with all that loot. Peta

    ReplyDelete